Saturday, February 25, 2006

HAPPY BIRTHDAY R!!

Today is my darling hubby’s birthday.
For his birthday, I am blogging one of the first pieces of love poetry I wrote for him. It may be a tad naive but I was only 18years old when I wrote it.
The Love and emotions behind the words exist now as they did then...



THE PROMISE

You licked away my wounds of doubt,
That embedded my heart with scars of pain.
The promise you made is full of hope,
That flourishes in the evening rain,
That blossoms in the sunlight’s ray.
Transfixed the snowy pearl drops glitter,
With everlasting storms and gales.
My love for you survives the bitter,
Of life’s anguish and dismay.

Oh darling, with your love, so strong,
That pours into every crevasse of my heart,
Like a lark’s sweet voice flowing, full of song,
As the evening mist rolls into dark.
With you my love, I’m not afraid,
Of life’s tormented profiled gaze.
Our body and souls have come adjoined,
To face life’s iniquity and pain.

But what pain could thou enhance upon my soul?
With your love I see the world through different eyes,
Like a gentle breeze, rippling the waters by.
I’m not worthy of your love, so pure and deep,
But so grateful for forgiveness, within my sins I weep.
I pray to God, to cleanse my worthless soul,
So that the fires of hell, shan’t prevail against my role,
Of being a pure innocent red rose,
That stands for love and love alone.

But, no thorn shall ever pierce thee my love,
No blood from you shall ever pour.
I sacrifice myself unto thee,
Even if I die for thee....
“Let bygones be, my soul’s now pure as the whitest dove.”
Only love.... Whisper to me darling, hold me close,
Whisper words of love....

My sins are not upon me, anymore to stay,
The demons of doubt, have ventured far away.
If I ever die before you,
I shall eternally await, In submission, I bow.
For our love to continue....
In everlasting love, I vow.

Cx

4 Comments:

At 26.2.06, Blogger C's Correction said...

My darling C,

I was truly thrilled when I saw this post. Thank you so much! I was amazed how well it has stood the test of time. It could have been written yesterday but is over twenty years old!

I love you wholeheartedly

R
xxx

 
At 26.2.06, Blogger C's Correction said...

Dear smartnnaughty,

Thank you for your birthday wishes. I had a wonderfully relaxing birthday with my wife and duaghter spoiling me at home and my favourite sport (rugby) on television! Unfortunately my team didn't offer me any birthday treats as England lost to Scotland.

R

 
At 27.2.06, Blogger rivka said...

Happy Late Birthday, R!

Loved your poem, C. :)

 
At 28.2.06, Blogger C's Correction said...

Dear Rivka,

Thank you very much.

Best wishes,
R

 

Post a Comment

<< Home