Thursday, April 06, 2006

Synopsis of who we are...


Recently, there has been a lot of hurt and accusations flying about, regarding the apparently fictitious lifestyle of Patty’s blog (Creative Spanked Wife.) I cannot begin to comprehend why people are so worked up? Patty has provided so much to the ‘spanking’ community with her beautiful drawings, poems and creative writing. In my opinion, if you have enjoyed reading Patty’s blog – then complaining about her lack of factual material in her stories is mean-spirited! If it’s all fictitious, then so be it! It’s her blog and she can write what she likes! Has she ever misrepresented her writing by putting it forward as fact?

Patty has written on more than one occasion, about the effect negative comments were having on her. If only we had listened and offered support then, perhaps she wouldn’t be feeling so ostracised right now? Please show her some kindness and consideration... please try and empathise how she may be feeling...

For the record, everything R or I write is true (apart from ‘some’ of the poetry.) I’m not terribly good at story writing, but may try my hand at this in the future... If I do write about having an affair with a Martian and being taken away in a spaceship, I will make it crystal clear that it is fiction not fact!

C

7 Comments:

At 6.4.06, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please understand that those who have been hurt by Patty do not draw most of that from her blog. There are a large number of us who knew her on a DD forum for years, where she, in the guise of her "husband Fred" dispensed advice to DD hopefuls and newcomers, and blasted those who didn't agree with her and her "years of experience" on almost any DD issue. Not to mention the issue of the faked death of her fake son - a "tragedy" that tore apart a lot of honest, caring people. We didn't deserve that.

 
At 6.4.06, Blogger C's Correction said...

Dear anonymous April 6th,

Thank you for your comment. Thank you also for clarifying the situation for me – I really appreciate that. I'm sorry, but I just didn't realise that Patty dispensed advice on a DD forum, nor the fabrication of her son's death. This now makes a little more sense... I thought it quite incredulous and was baffled to see the emotiveness, from the effect of her blog alone.

I'm sorry that this news has affected you and many others... I hope in time your hurt will heal.

In defence of Patty, however, she really does need our support - no matter what she's done. She must be feeling terrible right now.

All the best,
C

 
At 6.4.06, Blogger SmartNnaughty said...

C,

I understand that people are hurt and rightly so. Thank you for the reminder that we need to support Patty in her pain.

SNN

 
At 6.4.06, Blogger C's Correction said...

Dear SmartNnaughty,

Thank you for your sensitivity and consideration to both sides :)

C

 
At 7.4.06, Blogger thevikingswife said...

Has she ever misrepresented her writing by putting it forward as fact?


Yes she has the death of her son. That many of us contributed to financially. And for those of us who have been verbally abused due to our differing opinion with her and Fred. For those who recently found her blog or did not know her on the forum see things differently than the long termers.

 
At 7.4.06, Blogger C's Correction said...

Dear thevikingswife,

Thank you for your comment. I'm sorry you're hurt over Patty and I hope in time your wounds will heal.

I believe a lot of things Patty said were true, they just happened at a different time in her life... talking about these events was a symbol that she was still in a lot of pain - apropo, the death of her son.

I still talk about R's affair which happened 8 years ago, not because I've run out of topics of conversation, but rather, at that specific moment in time, I am hurting....
Emotions are a funny thing - never logical. So yes, you have every right to feel what your feeling too.
But please try (at least try) to forgive her. It will help you in your healing process too :)

C

 
At 9.4.06, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautifully said, I hope the pain that all those involved have felt heals soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home