Sunday, October 30, 2005

Loving limits - Computer time

My Darling C,

I have now set you some loving limits on the use of the computer. You have quite simply got to the point where you are spending more time on the computer than anything else. This is not acceptable but I am also pleased that you are making friends by email etc.

As you know, there is a spreadsheet on your desktop that needs to be filled in every day. Here are the rules.
  1. Doing chores in the house earns you time on the computer. Every minute spent on chores earns a minute of computer time
  2. Because I have a preference for the chores in the marked boxes - doing those chores earns double time (to start with)
  3. You may not go over 180 minutes overdrawn
  4. You may request to count other chores towards computer time but this is not guaranteed. Some things are just chores to be done regardless. Here are some examples of chores that can be counted as computer time: Dog walking; Any work in the garden; Spring cleaning; Polishing brasses. Here are some that do not count as computer time: Paying bills (they just HAVE to be paid); shopping for yourself; Christmas or birthday shopping;
  5. When I am home, I will review your entries and discuss any changes.
  6. I expect your absolute honesty on this - no stretching of times or slacking on chores to get more computer time. I trust you on this but need to know that you understand.
  7. Time spent writing notes for an email does not use up computer time but the time spent typing does.
  8. All time on the computer uses up your computer time, even if it is in pursuit of a chore, such as paying a bill.
  9. To encourage you to improve your typing speed, any time spent using typing tutor software does not count as computer time.

With love

R

xxx

8 Comments:

At 30.10.05, Blogger Malcolm said...

This sounds like a complicated system, R, I wonder if C can keep to it over time?

 
At 31.10.05, Blogger C's Correction said...

We'll see. Using spreadsheets is all part of the learning curve for C.

Best wishes

R

 
At 1.11.05, Blogger C's Correction said...

Darling R,

Thank you for these 'loving limits' which I accept with all my heart!

By giving me clear boundaries you are making me feel very secure. This security is two-fold. Firstly, it demonstrates that you love me enough to be bothered by my misbehaviour. Secondly, you have made me directly accountable to you for my actions. I am slowly learning that whether my actions are obedient or disobedient they will result in either positive or negative responses from you.

I DO SO WANT TO PLEASE!!!

I don't believe I have ever felt SO loved!!

Your loving wife,
C xxxxx

 
At 2.11.05, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I thought I'd come check out your blog and I'm glad I did.

Will is also complaining about the time I spend on the computer, our situation is a little more complicated though, all of my work has to be done on the computer as well.

I can tell a lot of time and devotion went into this computer time plan, hope Will doesn't see it. LOL

 
At 3.11.05, Blogger C's Correction said...

Dear Janeen,

Thanks for taking the time to leave A comment. I have taken a look at your blog and it looks really interesting. I will read more later.

Shouldn't you tell Will about this post? After all, you say in "The Promise" that you do not fully submit because of a little fear. I think your comment here may be a symptom of that.

One possible solution to using the computer for work might be to create two user accounts. The event logs should then tell which time is personal and which is work. Of course that requires trust but that goes back to your point about submission. I can always tell when C isn't giving me the whole truth, for example!

Best wishes

R

 
At 4.11.05, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi R,
Actually I was just joking when I said I hope Will doesn't find this post. I have a weird sense of humor, you'll have to overlook me.

If Will grounded me from the computer I would simply do nothing but my work, and all liesure activities would cease. I am a person of my word and he knows this, there would be no need to track my computer time.

I enjoy your blog as well, I was wondering if either of you would mind if I put a link to your site on my link bar. You don't have to return the favor, I am always in search of interesting blogs for my readers and I think yours is one they would enjoy.

 
At 4.11.05, Blogger C's Correction said...

Hi Janeen,

I am glad that you are so obedient ;)

I wish that C was as obedient as you. She admitted today that she has not been keeping up with her computer time loving limits. She'll be sorry...

Of course we would be happy to have a link on your blog. We have reciprocated.

Best wishes

R

 
At 5.11.05, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL R, believe me I am not always as obedient as I would like to be, but I am honest.

Thanks for the link, I will place yours on my blog right now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home