Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Updated Post

Dear Readers,

I’ve recently updated the post on "My Journey Towards submission (1)." I have addressed the balance without taking any of the essential ingredients out and have stressed the notion that all events are very much in the past tense...

My duty as a wife is to love, honour and obey my husband, without question and respect him without reserve. It is not only my duty, but my quest to always strive at being the kind of wife my husband can be proud of. It is sometimes hard for me to write a post that is both honest and experiential (concentrating on "real life" events) whilst also considering the effects such a post may have on my husband. Since my husband works away from home, I cannot benefit from his loving guidance or correction all of the time. Instead I have to second guess what/how I should act in certain situations to remain both respectful and obedient – I do not always get this right, but I do try. My husband told me late last night that my post made him feel uncomfortable. I was too blunt in my openness, which is actually a common fault of mine!

My intention when writing the post was to outline the negative past events (on both sides) so that I could emphasise how the principles and application of Loving Domestic Discipline have clearly benefited us both. My intention was to split the postings into: “Submission 1, 2 and 3,” which showed a rapid progression of amazing results. Please understand that publicly disrespecting my husband was never my intention, nor is it my style. I am not writing some fairy-tale scenario. R is neither infallible nor God-like, both of us make mistakes - mistakes are one of the aspects of human nature. But having said this, R is a very strong leader. His leadership skills were not apparent before our LDD lifestyle, primarily because my wilfulness and control blocked his natural manly flow!

I think surviving 20yrs of marriage with some very serious issues to deal with along the way, clearly demonstrates the love and commitment we have for each other.

I apologise dear readers for my lack of thought, by inadvertently showing disrespect to my husband.


C

1 Comments:

At 22.4.06, Blogger C's Correction said...

Thank you Storm,
That was a really kind comment you made, which we both appreciate very much!

No marriage is easy. The trick is to never take each other for granted and to find pleasure in the small, simple things.

C

 

Post a Comment

<< Home