Thursday, May 04, 2006

New Link

I have added a new link to the right hand side of the link section. A blog called “A Cry in the Dark” by “wistfulwench.” The lady whose blog this is, has offered me some very good suggestions regarding submission. All I can say is a very big thank you to her! :D

The Submissive Wife Project (SWP) has been excellent so far!

The warm welcome I’ve received and genuine nurturing, support and friendship has been out of this world! The small community of women gives the feeling of being very close knit, with everyone looking out for each others welfare. The ethos is truly amazing! Nobody really knows who is following BDSM or DD type practises and nobody cares. We are all there for the sole purpose of supporting each other through our submission.

According to one of my LDD friends this project is apparently very difficult to get into. I therefore, feel extremely privileged that I was given a place! I have already made three postings and must confess that I was a little tentative about mentioning spanking ~ I didn’t quite know how it would be received to openly admit that my HOH disciplines me…? However I’m glad I was brave enough because I believe it went down well!

Although I have internalised, conceptualised and contextualised all themes relating to Loving Domestic Discipline, I still feel ashamed to openly proclaim my beliefs publicly. I believe with all conviction, that for a man to discipline his woman, is the most loving act he can bestow. I whole heartedly believe, that being firmly spanked is a natural and healthy need for women and wanting such a spanking (consciously/unconsciously) is simply a natural and healthy expression of a woman’s needs. However, OPENLY admitting to such a claim is a very different matter! Wouldn’t it be wonderful if we could all buy houses in the same neighbourhood and live as a real LDD community? It would be wonderful if we could openly express who we are without a constant need to hide and hang our heads low in shame?

One of the big questions is how we are to go about normalising LDD?

I think, to make LDD more acceptable, we need to consider ourselves as pioneers and disciples of LDD - by doing small things like starting new blogs and publicly proclaiming our beliefs. We also need to knit more as a community. There seems to be an unspoken undertone of hostility against some of the minority groups. Whilst this hostility exists, we will never successfully achieve the plight for normalisation…

We really need to concentrate on our similarities, not differences…

So what is the common thread that holds ALL of our community together? Well I believe (I may of course be wrong) that LDD, BDSM, D/s and M/s are all bound together by the common thread of “submission” and “authority.” This common thread is no minor subsidiary, rather it is the pivoting point and foundation for all our practises. I am not a BDSM practitioner, nor in a D/s nor M/s relationship, but I readily accept that many of the people in these different groups, know and are so much more better equipped at being submissive than I’ll ever be! Just because I don’t like red wine and you do it doesn’t mean we can’t share a meal together and enjoy the steak? We really need to share our ideas so we can learn from one another. We really need to tolerate each others differences, whilst remaining strong, confident and true to our own convictions and lifestyles. Without a more liberal and accepting attitude we will forever remain static and our lifestyles will never normalise…

I will be really busy from May 10th until the 22nd so I’m afraid I won’t be blogging during that time. Whilst I’m away, I hope (time permitting) to carry on with an essay I started a while back about the effects of Loving Domestic Discipline on femininity… I started it about a month ago, but then things got very hectic so I was unable to continue.

All the best :-)

~C~

4 Comments:

At 4.5.06, Blogger WistfulWench said...

Thank you, so much, for the honor!

I love your thoughts on focusing on our similarities, rather than our differences. When you get down to it, we are so much MORE the same than different, after all!

Hopefully, your time away is for something pleasurable!

 
At 5.5.06, Blogger C's Correction said...

Dear wistfulwench,

Yes, there are certainly many more similarities than differences between us!

Thank you for all your help! I really admire your submission to your HOH! Submission is not easy; you must be a very emotionally strong and confident woman who is in touch with her own womanhood!

~C~

 
At 5.5.06, Blogger SpankedMinx said...

Will miss ya!

Huggggggs

 
At 5.5.06, Blogger C's Correction said...

Ditto Minxy!

~C~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home